Thanksgiving is celebrated with feasts and football games and the start of the Christmas shopping season, Thanksgiving means roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and green bean casserole with Campbells mushroom soup. No matter how you celebrate this momentous day, at Affiliated Orthodontics, we want you to know we are thankful for all our wonderful patients we treat throughout the year . We wouldn’t be here without you! To commemorate this traditional holiday, we would like to share some fun Thanksgiving trivia we thought you would enjoy! Feel free to add some fun facts of your own in the comment area.
- Thanksgiving was not declared a National Holiday by Congress until 1941
- The first Thanksgiving was celebrated by the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag tribe Native Americans in 1621 and lasted for 3 days.
- At the original Thanksgiving, there was no milk, cheese, bread, butter, mashed potatoes, corn or pumpkin pie.
- The presenting of the live turkey to the President has been a tradition since 1947. The President then pardons the turkey, allowing it to live out its remaining years on a farm.
- Thanksgiving is also celebrated in Canada- on the second Monday in October.
- Abraham Lincoln chose the last Thursday in November for Thanksgiving
How many times as a kid do you hear… “Did you brush your teeth? And even more so when you are wearing braces!” Hopefully, brushing and flossing your teeth is an ingrained daily habit no matter what your age for every member of the family.
Unfortunately, a New Survey finds that 3 out of 4 Parents Admit Their Kids Forget to Brush their Teeth.
The Ad Council and The Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives created new Public Service Ads (PSAs) for the Kids’ Healthy Mouths campaign. The new ads are funny adaptations of life lessons which stress that while parenting can be tricky at times, getting kids to brush for two minutes, twice a day can be easier than most other things parents will try to teach their children.Read more on A Two Minute Life Lesson Worth Watching…
We have all heard about the damage that sugar and certain “sticky” candies can do to teeth. Well, our Team at Affiliated Orthodontics wants to remind all of our patients and future patients about the dangers one more time. We know Halloween is supposed to be a fun time of year for kids of all ages… but it can turn into a “nightmare” of damaged teeth for kids and parents if the wrong tyes of treats are consumed.
Here at Affiliated Orthodontics we love Halloween but we also have a responsibility to increase the awareness regarding the potential damage certain candies can cause if patients are not careful about which treats to eat.Read more on Halloween “Treats” May Really be “Tricks”…