So, you’ve finally said goodbye to braces. Congratulations, you made it! Your smile is radiant and you’re flashing your pearly whites at any person, place, or thing that glances your way! However, before you can truly celebrate your wonderful new smile, you must make sure to wear your retainers to keep your teeth looking perfect.
Protect Your Retainers When out of Your Mouth
“Using your retainer” means much more than having it close by when you go to sleep or wearing it the number of hours prescribed by your orthodontist. It means you must protect it also when out of your mouth! Once you leave the office the entire world has it’s eye on your retainers.Read more on Retainers vs. The World…
On Valentine’s Day 2015, loving your smile is incredibly easy. Orthodontic treatment is the perfect way to treat that special someone to the gift of a new smile. Or, treat yourself to that perfect smile you have always wanted. There is no way to measure the happiness derived from a healthy, stunning smile.Read more on Share the Love on Valentines Day…
Did You Know…
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes according to a survey conducted by Roper ASW in conjunction with ReachMax.
- US consumers spend $100 Billion a year on hair care products and only $50 Billion a year on dentistry. Women spend more money on mascara than any other makeup. What good is great hair and eyes without a great smile and healthy teeth?
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans
- Smile enhanced procedures outnumbered eyelid surgeries 5 to 1 according to Money Magazine.
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Grown-ups just 15 and Smilers in school yearbooks are more likely to have successful careers and marriages than poker faced peers.
- 3 cans of soda a day – the number of sodas that increase tooth decay by 62%; 10 to 12 – the number of teaspoons of sugar in an average 12 oz. soda. The average American consumes over 600 cans of soda a year! What happens to your health if you drink 10 cans of soda a day for 1 month? Read this…
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum
- 45-70 seconds is the amount of time most people brush a day. Time to spend a little more time brushing, don’t you think?
- 18 yards – the amount of floss bought each year per person. 122 yards – the amount of floss that should be bought each year or 1 foot a day.